Friday, April 2, 2021

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos - Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco playe...

CA Search Avatar image El sueño de la razón produce monstruos - Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco played by Sanel Redžić 11,276 views•23 May 2020 498 3 SHARE SAVE Sanel Redzic 8.62K subscribers This is my interpretation of one of the most beautiful and at the same time most difficult pieces I've ever played... From XXIV Caprichos de Goya Number XVIII: "El sueño de la razón produce monstruos" Played by Sanel Redžić Guitar by Otto Vowinkel (2004) Recorded, edited & produced by Sanel Redžić Recorded in Schottenkirche Erfurt in July 2017 63 Comments Gus Tio Add a public comment... Sanel Redzic Pinned by Sanel Redzic Sanel Redzic 10 months ago I have to confess that this is one of the most beautiful and at the same time one of the most difficult pieces - both technically and musically which I’ve ever played. First time I heard it when I was 11. It was in the time when I was starting to learn guitar in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was on one cassette tape which I got from my guitar teacher by that time. As it was a mixture of „the best of classical guitar“, which my teacher made for me (together with Asturias, Sevilla, some Tarrega music), I didn’t know anything about the piece. Years later I figured out that it was played by Eduardo Isaac. But what I knew all the time is that I wanted to play it one day. In 2012 I discovered it again and started to work on it but at the first variation already I noticed how difficult it is to read and to make it work and sound. So I tried to find solutions for the fingerings with my teacher in Weimar - Ricardo Gallen and we figured out that it is impossible to play everything as it is written - not to sacrifice notes or chords and that it would be a lot of work and practice so I gave up… In 2013 or 2014 guitarists started to play it more and more (I think it was a set piece for GFA) so I decided to give it a second chance. By that time I remember that I was already in my Konzertexamen studies and I spent several hours of studying and finding proper fingerings together with my teacher Ricardo Gallen. We didn’t want to cut any note and the only imperative was „I have to make it work“. After some barres with my left hand's thumb or some nose flageolets, I had finally „playable“ fingerings and I was so happy to share the music with my audiences at concerts. In 2017 I recorded it in the Schottenkirche in Erfurt - where I recorded many of my recent videos but I never had time to listen to it and to edit it. Finally, I had time this week to sit down and make a video which I am sharing today with you. El sueño de la razón produce monstruos or The sleep of reason produces monsters is one of 24 Caprichos which Castelnuovo-Tedesco wrote inspired by etchings of Spanish painter Francisco de Goya. In times like these we need to wake up from sleeping and start appreciating what we have around us - without fear, but with hope. 44 Elli Elli 10 months ago You make everything seem so easy and yet full of strong emotions. I really admire that! 8 Sanel Redzic João Figueira João Figueira 4 months ago (edited) Has far has I know, this is the truest interpretation that I've heard. You really capture both the essence of Goya's painting and Tedesco's vision of it. You were not another hostage of this music sheet. You made the poetry of this masterpiece apear and vibrate with an outstanding echo. My sincere congratulations. With all my heart, thank you. 4 Sanel Redzic Koji Takahashi Koji Takahashi 10 months ago Hats off to you, Sanel, for this highly reflective and entirely satisfying performance. 8 Sanel Redzic Alberto Ausin Alberto Ausin 10 months ago This is, no doubt, a masterly guitar performance. Breathing... and birds sounds (0:40) contribute to create an special atmosphere, a fantastic journey through emotions. Thank you so much Sanel!

No comments:

Post a Comment