Monday, March 8, 2021

MY MORNING PRAYER

Morning Prayers  (a) MORNING PRAYERS (“Abandoning the Mother is but one step from abandoning the Son”) MOST holy and adorable Trinity, one God in three Divine Persons, I believe that Thou art here present. I adore Thee with the deepest humility, I bless Thee and render to Thee with my whole heart, the homage due to Thy sovereign Majesty. O my God, I firmly believe all the truths which Thou hast revealed, and which Thou teaches us by Thy Church, because Thou canst neither deceive nor be deceived. O my God, with a firm confidence I have in Thee, the assistance of Thy grace, and after keeping Thy Commandments, wilt bestow upon me life everlasting, according to Thy promises, who art almighty and whose word is true. O my God, I love Thee with my whole heart and above all things, because Thou art infinitely lovable, also for love of Thee, do I love my neighbour as myself. O my God, I most humbly thank Thee, for all the favours Thou hast bestowed upon me to the present moment. It is again thanks to Thy bounty that I should live to see this day, and I desire to employ it solely in Thy service. I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts, words, actions and sufferings of this day. Bless them O Lord, that there may be none that is not animated by Thy Love or that would not tend to Thy greater glory. Adorable Jesus, divine model of that perfection to which we should all aspire! I will endeavour this day to follow Thine example; to be like Thee, mild, humble, obedient, chaste, zealous, patient, charitable, and resigned; and I will be particularly attentive not to relapse this day into my accustomed failings, but to struggle against them with Thy gracious assistance. O my God, Thou knoweth my weakness, and that I am unable to do anything good without the help of The grace. Deny me not Thy grace, O God, proportion it to my necessities. Give me strength to avoid everything which Thou forbiddeth, and to practice the good which Thou hast commanded, and enable me patiently to bear all the trials which it may please Thee to send me. To the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, our Guardian Angel and our Patron Saint. To The Blessed Virgin My Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee, I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore good Mother as I am thine own, keep me, guard me, as thy property and possession. Amen. "An indulgence of 500 days" O most Holy Virgin, Mother of God my Mother and Patroness, I place myself under Thy protection; I throw myself into the arms of Thy Compassion. Be to me, O Mother of Mercy, my refuge in distress, my consolation in suffering, my advocate with Thine adorable Son, now and at the hour of my death. Most holy Patriarch Saint Joseph, by that loving solicitude wherewith Thou didst care for Jesus and Mary in this world, deign to watch over my life here below until my last breath. Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom His Love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide me, Amen. Great St. Augustine, whose name it is my honour to bear, protect and pray for me, so that I may serve God like Thee on earth, and with Thee praise Him for all eternity in Heaven. (STUDY: "There is but one God, not many gods. We attribute to God the highest goodness and perfection, and it is impossible that what is highest and absolutely perfect could be found in many. If a being lack that which constitutes supreme perfection, it is, therefore, imperfect and cannot have the nature of God" ("Roman Catechism," "The Creed," First Article, 7). ************* (“Abandoning the Mother is but one step from abandoning the Son”) 8. Catena Legionis Antiphon. - Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the Sun, terrible as an army set in battle array? My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because He hath regarded the humility of His handmaid: for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty hath done great things to me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is from generation unto generations to them that fear Him. He hath showed might in His arm: He hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He hath put down the mighty from their seat: and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things: and the rich He hath sent empty away. He hath received Israel His servant: being mindful of His mercy. As He spoke to our fathers: to Abraham and to his seed forever. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Antiphon. - Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array? V. O Mary conceived without sin. R. Pray for us who have recourse to Thee. Let us pray O Lord Jesus Christ our Mediator with the Father, Who hast been pleased to appoint the Most Blessed Virgin, Thy Mother, to be our Mother also, and our Mediatrix with Thee, mercifully grant that whosoever comes to Thee seeking Thy favours may rejoice to receive all of them through her. Amen. "Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I love You, Save Souls." ______________________ _______________ ________ _____ ___ Blessed Virgin Mary to the City of Messina A letter written by the Blessed Virgin Mary to the City of Messina where St. Paul, the Apostle preached the gospel, which has been preserved in the Reliquary of the great altar. "I, Mary Virgin, servant of God, very humble Mother of Jesus Christ, Son of God, the Almighty and Eternity, to all who are in Messina, health and benediction in Our Lord. You have learned by the ambassadors who have been sent to you. You received the gospel and you acknowledged that the Son of God has become man, and has suffered the passion and death for the salvation of the world, and that He is Christ and also the true Messiah. I beseech you to persevere, promising to you, and all your posterity, to assist you in the presence of My Son." (Great graces are given to those who carry a copy of this letter.) Mary Virgin, very humble servant of God ______________________ ______________ ________ ____ O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach you while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen. (6. Prayer to St. Joseph over 1900 years old) Remember, O most pure spouse of Mary, and my dearly beloved guardian, St. Joseph, that never was it known that anyone who invoked your care and requested your help was left without consolation. Inspired with this confidence, I come to you, and with all the ardor of my spirit I commend myself to you.  Do not reject my prayer, O Foster Father of the Savior, but graciously receive and answer it.  Amen!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDCMUC3x3gDTqUYy_bFZWS-U_mZQ&v=soX0KXePews&feature=emb_rel_end 7. A Prayer For Priests Keep them, I pray Thee, dearest Lord, Keep them, for they are Thine - Thy priests whose lives burn out before Thy consecrated shrine. Keep them, for they are in the world, Though from the world apart; When earthly pleasures tempt, allure, - Shelter them in Thy heart. Keep them, and comfort them in hours Of loneliness and pain, When all their life of sacrifice For souls seems but in vain. Keep them, and O remember, Lord, They have no one but Thee, Yet they have only human hearts, With human frailty. Keep them as spotless as the Host. That daily they caress; Their every thought and word and deed, Deign, dearest Lord, to bless. Imprimatur: +D. Card. Dougherty, Arch. of Philadelphia Our Father, Hail Mary Mary, Queen of the Clergy, pray for them. (“Abandoning the Mother is but one step from abandoning the Son”) Which His Eminence Cardinal Merry del Val was accustomed to recite daily after the celebration of Holy Mass. 8 O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, hear me From the desire of being esteemed, From the desire of being loved, From the desire of being extolled, From the desire of being honoured, From the desire of being praised, From the desire of being preferred, From the desire of being consulted, From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, Jesus. From the fear of being humiliated, From the fear of being despised, From the fear of suffering rebukes, From the fear of being calumniated, From the fear of being forgotten, From the fear of being ridiculed, From the fear of being wronged, From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, Jesus. That others may be loved more than I, That others may be esteemed more than I, That in the opinion of the world, others may increase, and I may decrease, That others may be chosen and I set aside, That others may be praised and I unnoticed, That others may be preferred to me in everything, That others become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. Imprimatur: + James A. McNulty - Bishop of Paterson, N.J. 9 Consecrating The Last Two Hours Of Our Life To The Most Holy Virgin by the late Rev. Fr. Ildefonso M. Izaguirre, O. P. (“Abandoning the Mother is but one step from abandoning the Son”) Prostrated at thy feet, and humiliated by my sins, but full of confidence in thee, O Mary! I beg thee to accept the petition my heart is about to make. It is for my last moments. Dear Mother I wish to request thy protection and maternal love so that in the decisive instant that thou wilt do all thy love can suggest on my behalf. To thee, O Mother of my soul, I consecrate THE LAST TWO HOURS of my life. Come to my side to receive my last breath and when death has cut the thread of my days, tell Jesus, presenting to Him my soul, "I LOVE IT". That word alone will be enough to procure for me the benediction of my God and the happiness of seeing thee for all eternity. I put my trust in thee, my Mother and hope it will not be in vain. O Mary! Pray for thy child and lead him to Jesus! Amen. (“Abandoning the Mother is but one step from abandoning the Son”) +++++++++ Dearest Jesus, all Thy creatures are more worthy of Thy grace,             Than the vile and wretched sinner who now kneels before Thy Face.  Yet one claim I have upon Thee, which Thou never will deny:  In the bonds of Thy creation, no one needs Thee more than I.     Other souls have been more faithful, and have served Thee better far, Many spotless hearts more fitting for Thy gracious Presence are,     Many lips devout a greeting far more fervent can supply, But Dear Master - Well Thou knoweth, no one needs Thee more than I.   Many loving hands have carried richer offerings to Thy Shrine, Many generous hearts have loved Thee with a purer love than mine,  These Thy chosen ones approach Thee as the doves to covet fly,  I am utterly unworthy but - no one needs Thee more than I.   Sins unnumbered, unatoned for, have made havoc in my soul,   And against me stands the witness - the recording angel’s roll,                             And untilled has been my vineyard and its soil is hard and dry;   Oh my God - my sole Refuge - no one needs Thee more than I.     For without Thee I am helpless, fast in sin’s strong fetters caught, Blinded by my evil passions, swayed by impulses untaught   I could do no good unaided, it were worse than vain to try, Come Thyself to me dear Jesus No one needs Thee more than I.     Thou didst leave the Father’s bosom to reclaim and save the lost, Thou didst take upon Thee, freely our redemption’s awful cost,    Thou Thyself hast called me to Thee: Thou wilt hearken my cry,   In the bond of Thy creation - No one needs Thee more than                                                           Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment