Friday, March 26, 2021

The Racism Virus: Anti-Asian Attacks Surge | NBC News NOW

CA 9+ #JeremyLin #NBCNews The Racism Virus: Anti-Asian Attacks Surge | NBC News NOW 930,524 views •Mar 10, 2021 8.7K 2.4K Share Save NBC News 5.3M subscribers NBC News investigative and consumer correspondent Vicky Nguyen moderates this important special report focused on the concerning rise in anti-Asian violence during the pandemic and solutions to racism and xenophobia. Special guests include Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., basketball star Jeremy Lin, actors Olivia Munn and Brian Tee, 'Survivor' winner Yul Kwon, the Nobel Prize nominee and activist Amanda Nguyen, comedian Margaret Cho and more. » Subscribe to NBC News: http://nbcnews.to/SubscribeToNBC​ » Watch more NBC video: http://bit.ly/MoreNBCNews​ NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver compelling, diverse and engaging news stories. NBC News Digital features NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, TODAY.com, Nightly News, Meet the Press, Dateline, and the existing apps and digital extensions of these respective properties. We deliver the best in breaking news, live video coverage, original journalism and segments from your favorite NBC News Shows. Connect with NBC News Online! NBC News App: https://apps.nbcnews.com/mobile​ Breaking News Alerts: https://link.nbcnews.com/join/5cj/bre...​ Visit NBCNews.Com: http://nbcnews.to/ReadNBC​ Find NBC News on Facebook: http://nbcnews.to/LikeNBC​ Follow NBC News on Twitter: http://nbcnews.to/FollowNBC​ Follow NBC News on Instagram: http://nbcnews.to/InstaNBC​ #RacismVirus​ #JeremyLin​ #NBCNews​ The Racism Virus: Anti-Asian Attacks Surge | NBC News NOW 8,888 Comments Auggie Giuseppe Add a public comment... ChocoKaylaRobin ChocoKaylaRobin 2 weeks ago "Racism is coming back" I don't think it ever left. 918 Ronald Williams Ronald Williams 1 week ago My condolences to the families of this horrible animalistic act .🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 106 Fiaiai Tenari Fiaiai Tenari 5 days ago Never be afraid to stand up to who you are or your people 16 CBR 1000RR CBR 1000RR 1 week ago “We are all burning in the melting pot.” Immortal Technique 43 Eden Perez Eden Perez 1 week ago (edited) This is just sad and sickening but not shocking or suprising why can we just love and unite one another, the world would be such a better place for us all. 71 Alex Stone Alex Stone 2 weeks ago (edited) “RACISM COMING BACK” What a laugh, It never left. 1.7K kuvhaivhmoobAK47 Hmoob kuvhaivhmoobAK47 Hmoob 1 week ago (edited) Those attackers that attacked Asian are cowards. They only attack elderly and women. You want a fair fight pick someone of your age and then you will learn that the fight is not a fair fight. 119 HitMusic & Relax HitMusic & Relax 5 days ago We all need to stand together against this, I think Asian, White black or brown, whatever! we need each other. I am White and I try not to wrong any race. We are all in this together, don't let this make you think most people think this way. 11 Misty Gibbs Misty Gibbs 1 week ago Someone called Aunty Connie posted this. it is the story of black people born in or coming to America: "It is very sad. I understand what the Asian Americans are going through. I can feel their pains. I am Black immigrant that came to this country in the 70s. I have been facing racisms and discriminations since the 70s and still facing the same issues. Racisms and discriminations against my race stopped me from advancing my goals of migrating to this great country. I have story to tell when it comes to racisms, discriminations, and poverty. I was discriminated against by Asian Americans. When I went to look for jobs in Asian's establishments, they refused to hire me. One time, Job Service sent me to Asian's establishment because it had wanted ads with job service and also I qualified for the job. When I went there and the Asian lady saw me, she immediately told me that she was not hiring. The same thing white people always tell me. I became depressed. I thought only White people discriminated against my race. I didn't know that Asians were as bad as white people. I realized that Asian Americans also discriminate against me and my race. I received discriminations from both white people and Asian Americans. Hence, Asians are also racists when it comes to my race. It takes things like that for people to know other people's true colors. I don't hate Asians but I don't like their racisms and discriminations against black immigrant like me. I aim not a criminal and have never got into a fighting matches in my life. It is wrong to discriminate. We are human beings like everyone else. Additionally, we share some things in common when it comes to racisms and discriminations which are important in other for people like me to succeed. Life is not easy for black people but Asians don't seem to see it."

No comments:

Post a Comment